MegaSync is an online backup solution, similar to DropBox, Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive. With MegaSync you get 50GB free of charge.
I installed ArchLinux on a Lenovo G510 laptop earlier and when I went to install MegaSync in the way I’ve always done it, which is as follows:
- sudo yaourt -G megasync
- cd megasync
- makepkg -s
It fails…. with the message “ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build megasync”
But all was not lost, turns out there’s a better way to install MegaSync, which is as follows:
- Go to https://mega.nz/sync
- Select ArchLinux as your distro and save the file
- Extract the file tar xf megasync-x86_64.pkg.tar.bin
- Now copy the folders in etc to /etc
- And copy the folders in share to /usr/share/
- Click on the MegaSync icon under Applications
- Type in your username and password
That’s it, MegaSync will now sync all of your data.